SimCompanies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lebujian
Lebujian
Admin
https://simcompanies.board-directory.net

Position on the market, warehouse and company building Empty Position on the market, warehouse and company building

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:28 pm
I feel like the warehouse at least, should be near the company building. The exchange could be farther, since it is not a company owned building, so to speak. What do you guys think?
V.G.V.
V.G.V.

Position on the market, warehouse and company building Empty Re: Position on the market, warehouse and company building

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:39 pm
Hey guys, I think overall it would be great that everyone could organize his map personally, cause when I opened it it was like chaos, I have 6 e-factories, it's hard to find them among all that buildings, yes warehouse and company building could be near and the market building(now exchange building) can be nearby too, I don't mind. but it will be great that people can organize personally where they want to put which building.
Lebujian
Lebujian
Admin

Position on the market, warehouse and company building Empty Re: Position on the market, warehouse and company building

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:51 pm
Yea, that would be even better, maybe also setting custom names for each building. Thing is, this a issue for older players, new players get to choose where they place a building. So, implementing movable buildings is plenty work for just us oldies that switched.
V.G.V.
V.G.V.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:54 pm
Very Happy Very Happy Like the building renaming. yeah I know that it would be the pain in the ass. I just suggest, cause now I have headache on map. but I think I can handle it. Anyway I can't scrap all the buildings for organizing them as I want.
Lebujian
Lebujian
Admin

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:57 pm
He said he can move them for us if needed. While that works for us betas, switching to new map will bring headaches to all players above, say, level 5.
Lebujian
Lebujian
Admin

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:09 pm
So i guess we need either a one-time "reset all buildings positions" or always movable buildings.
Either a reset all positions, or reset a single building position. Perhaps under the upgrade/scrap buttons. Could also be disabled when building is working.
patrik
Admin

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:55 pm
Hey, thanks everyone for your feedback.

My original design thinking was that I wanted to "simulate" a growing city - the construction site(s) become available as you level up. and you decide where you want to build, adding one building at a time, so it should be straight forward to remember where everything is.

Company's HQ's and warehouses are usually not near each other, but this is about ease of use ,and I hear lound and clear that we need HQ, warehouse and exchange next to each other. So let's do that!

My mind is still not set up on how to handle the issue of building being disoganized after the switch. I am not convinced this is a problem for new players, but there's a lot of players already and I last think I want is to make playing hard for all of them. As was mentioned earlier, implementing a "moving" functionality is a lot of work I would rather spend on new features.
Lebujian
Lebujian
Admin

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:55 pm
Position on the market, warehouse and company building 26693210

tested a new account. it seems confusing to me, honestly.  Maybe use labels?
patrik
Admin

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:29 am
Could add labels, just didnt want to as theres too much text afterwards. I'll reconsider. There will be tutorial, that will have you click on each building.
patrik
Admin

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:11 am
I'd like to thank you all for the feedback. You are being very helpful.

I slept on it and reached few decisions. Being the "boss of everything" is definitely the user experience sim companies wants to have. Being able to place your buildings is definitely a part of it.

I'll do the following:
1) Put HQ, warehouse and Exchange next to each other
2) Add labels to the 3 buildings, or any idle building
3) Implement ability to move the buildings - so you can place them anywhere. Once i implement this, your buildings will be lifted and you can put them back in anywhere you like

I try to do these today or tomorrow, depending on my availability.
patrik
Admin

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:51 pm
I confes the last move was a bit sneaky and may have blindsighted you, I wonder how difficult it was to realize what has happened and if you were able to figure out what to do.
Lebujian
Lebujian
Admin

Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:36 am
Who what how where? What happened? What did I miss?
Lebujian
Lebujian
Admin

Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:38 am
The positioning thing is pretty nice. Labels are ok too, doesn't feel too crowded but you can't always make out the text.
Lebujian
Lebujian
Admin

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:41 pm
Just realized what you meant. I just woke up when I first read it, and it was confusing. The position reset wasn't at all confusing, to me. I knew it was coming and it was great. Also the fact that you can move them even while producing is pretty cool. I wonder now, if you fill your slots and start producing, then hit the reset position button, can you build something else on that, now, free slot? That would be like having many many buildings, and just placing them down to start work.
I am hoping your "max_buildings" catches all buildings, not just those placed.

Also, why are we only 3 here? Did the others just want to play with the beta interface, instead of actually giving suggestions?
patrik
Admin

Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:59 pm
Hey Lebujian, yes, unless i have a bug, you should not have more buildings than allowed.

Some people write me directly on FB, most don't write at all. I wouldn't be so harsh. People do not like registrations and forums, in most cases.

No feedback is a good feedback in this case. I am sure if they could not figure out how to do stuff, or find things too painful, they would be vocal about it.
Lebujian
Lebujian
Admin

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:00 pm
patrik wrote:Hey Lebujian, yes, unless i have a bug, you should not have more buildings than allowed.

Some people write me directly on FB, most don't write at all. I wouldn't be so harsh. People do not like registrations and forums, in most cases.

No feedback is a good feedback in this case. I am sure if they could not figure out how to do stuff, or find things too painful, they would be vocal about it.
good point lol! lol!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum